Initially the facilities at the green were minimal, there was no space for formal meetings to be held indoors; so for the first 21 years of the clubs life, committee meetings had to make use of one of the public houses in the village. In 1929 however a committee meeting was held in the pavilion for the first time; the club had its first clubhouse, in fact in the minutes of that meeting it is mentioned that the club had accepted the kind gift of a spirit lamp from a Mr. Hicks.
This pavilion must have been very basic, for 30 years later a new one was obtained and erected. This was of wooden construction, and while a later brick built toilet and kitchen was added, the changing rooms were not included, a separate wooden building, (possibly the old pavilion) was used. In due course, with Sport England funding a new pavilion was built. The slide show below shows the first two buildings and follows the construction of the new replacement.
A more detailed history of the first 100 years of the club is available in PDF format by clicking HERE
|Fixtures & Information|
|Membership & Leagues|
|A Brief History|
|In the Beginning|
|Getting to a game|
|A Club for All|