President Mr. John Sharpe Chairman Mrs. Sally Smith Secretary Mr. Matthew Smith Captain  Mrs. A. Lilley Ixworth Bowls Club  Founded 1907  Affiliated to the English Bowling Federation,  Suffolk County Bowls Association,  Bury & District League, Stowmarket League, and the Area ‘D’ Triples League.

Bowls Club

Club Sponsors

Port Credit Bowls Club, where Harold Randall was a member, probably taken in the 1970’s

CANADIAN CONNECTION


A look at the list of Club Presidents on the ‘People’ page shows that for 30 years from 1959 to 1989  our President was one Harold Randall.  

At the age of 15 Harold emigrated to Canada, he continued to pay regular visits to Ixworth, staying with his sister.  He was a keen bowler and benefactor of Ixworth Bowls Club, as was seen in his presentation of the Maple Leaf Trophy in 1950, which is still played for in an open pairs competition.  He also gave us a Canadian Flag, which became the Club Flag until very recently when a modified form was created, which still has the maple leaf at its centre. This is flown from the flagpole at special events.  He also invested money for the club in Canada.  In his honour the official logo of Ixworth Bowls Club is the Maple Leaf, which is included on our ties, shirts etc.  While in Canada he joined the Port Credit Lawn Bowls Club - where he also held many offices.

Harold Randall presents the Maple Leaf Trophy to the the club in 1950

A more detailed history of the first 100 years of the club is available in PDF format by clicking HERE